Teachers for School Year 2019-2020
Thank you for your interest in the International School of Ulaanbaatar. At this time we will need certified teachers to fill the positions listed below.
We are seeking passionate and collegial professional educators who are inquiry-based practitioners. The majority of our students are EAL learners. Experience in differentiating learning activities and assessments for students based upon language needs and learning needs and styles will be a cornerstone of your craft. We are also seeking teachers who understand the central role that formative assessment plays in learning. Successful applicants will be able to demonstrate their use of such assessment to help students continuously improve.
We value our professional learning culture at ISU. Applicants should be committed to working closely with their colleagues on a variety of projects (such as curriculum planning, student assessment and other areas of school improvement) throughout the school year.
The International School of Ulaanbaatar is always interested in receiving applications for relief teaching (also known as substitute teaching) from qualified, certified teachers.
The ISU relief teacher assumes the responsibility of the classroom teacher on an as needed basis. As well as appropriate qualifications being required, we prefer relief teachers with prior teaching experience.
Please send your CV and a letter of interest noting your preferred division level (primary or secondary) to firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy to the appropriate Head of Primary or Secondary (email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org)
Please note that a police clearance (criminal background check) is also required from your place of last residence if you have arrived in Ulaanbaatar within the past year, or from the UB police department if you have been living in UB for more than one year.
To start in February, 2020.
Apply no later than 5 PM, January 24, 2020
NATURE OF WORK
The Facilities Manager shall assist the Director and Deputy Director with the organization, operation and administration of the non-instructional school program. Within the limits of established policy, he/she shall make decisions involving the grounds and maintenance personnel and drivers/vehicles belonging to, or in the service of, the International School of Ulaanbaatar (ISU). His/her primary responsibilities shall involve ensuring the safety, maintenance and development of all school facilities, and all transportation systems (at a high, international standard) at ISU.
1. Bachelors degree required (specialization in engineering preferred, but not necessary)
2. FMA designation or equivalent strongly desired
3. Minimum of three to five years of prior experience in facilities administration and management (prior experience of construction projects preferred)
4. Demonstrated history of meeting international standards in facilities maintenance
5. Ability to work in, and manage, a team in a firm but fair, manner
6. Prior experience of working in a multicultural environment is strongly desired
7. Written and spoken fluency in English and Mongolian required
If you would like to take up this challenge and be part of the ISU team, please submit the following in English:
- A formal letter of application
- A formal curriculum vitae (CV) / resume detailing: Your employment history; your education background; and your contact information (including both e-mail and phone number)
- The names and contact details of at least three direct supervisory references
All applications should be addressed to:
International School of Ulaanbaatar
Four Seasons Garden, Khan-Uul District, Khoroo 15
For further information about this position’s job description, please visit this link.