• to understand • to respect • to care
International Mindedness at ISU fosters an understanding and respect for the diversity of human experience and the significance of our natural world. It develops a global citizenship manifested by caring for others and the environment.
- It stimulates empathy by encouraging interaction and engagement with people of varying traditions, practices and histories.
- It inspires intellectual growth by learning and teaching the accomplishments, messages and values of distinct populations.
- It promotes communication skills to identify, explain and achieve the goals of communities and cultures.
- It develops open-mindedness without abandoning universal principles of justice and equality.
- It strengthens pride in one’s own culture while bolstering understanding, respect and esteem for others.