Our Vision, Mission & Values
GUIDING CORE VALUES (click here to view our International mindedness poster)
ISU’s core values are the foundation for our priorities and serve to hold us accountable to ourselves and our community. We believe that:
- A well rounded education balances the academic, physical, social and emotional development of students while accounting for their unique talents and abilities.
- A multicultural environment enables a broader world view and affords students the opportunity to develop an understanding and appreciation of diversity.
- A learning environment that provides students a sense of belonging and individual worth encourages mutual respect and fosters character development.
- A balanced education provides students with the tools, confidence and motivation to excel in the face of challenge, and orients them toward post secondary and life-long learning.
- An international school is enriched by the relationship with its host country, which serves as an important resource for strengthening the learning experience.
- Education is the shared responsibility of all members of the school community – parents, teachers, staff and students.
MISSION STATEMENT (click here to view our Mission, Vision and Motto poster)
Our school’s reputation is founded on the world-class International Baccalaureate (IB) program, personalized to each student’s needs and facilitated by an expert staff. Our mission defines the purpose of our school and guides our decision-making so that we can achieve our vision.
Our mission, in partnership with the ISU community, is to:
Achieve excellence in all that we do
to inspire the unique potential of our students to
contribute and thrive in a global society.
We will accomplish our mission by committing to:
a) Provide excellence in international education while encouraging the unique potential of our students.
b) Inspire our students to respect cultural diversity and the environment
c) Invest in a holistic educational experience that empowers students to become global citizens, life-long learners and critical thinkers.
The vision we hold for our school clearly defines where we are headed and what we aspire to achieve over the next five years. It will help build our community and inspire action, yet keep us grounded.
Drawing on Mongolia’s unique cultural heritage and environment,
ISU offers a world class international education to
prepare students for higher learning
and for life.
Empowering Students to Make a Difference
Education in Mind
Community in Heart
Success in Life
ISU provides a balanced educational program that is guided by the International Baccalaureate and comprises four areas in which ISU students are expected to demonstrate success and growth.
ISU provides education and inspiration for students based on an enriched IB curriculum.
We set high levels of expectations and foster intrinsic discipline in the pursuit of excellence. Our students enjoy a positive, supportive and vibrant environment in which to grow, learn and flourish. It is our aim to assist each student to fulfill his or her own unique potential as a foundation for success in higher learning and in life.
Participation in the arts is expected of all students from Kindergarten to Grade 12. ISU offers music, drama and visual arts as courses, and orchestra, choir and secondary school play as options within our after school activities.
Students are encouraged to be the best they can be, with emphasis placed on effort and participation. Students are encouraged to be the best they can be, with emphasis placed on effort and participation. Excellence resides in the development of each student’s potential. ISU competes with both girls and boys teams in the ACAMIS league, in all three of the following sports: volleyball, basketball and soccer. For our extra-curricular, ISU offers table tennis, karate, dance, yoga and other running games for primary students.
ISU provides a nurturing atmosphere in which students develop into knowledgeable, confident, compassionate and public-spirited individuals. Students are expected to meet high standards of character and daily behaviour, and strive for courtesy, tolerance, perseverance, and an ethic of hard work, self discipline, honesty and commitment to service. We strive to provide a learning environment in which the skills and attitudes of global citizenship and community responsibility are refined, promoted, and practiced. Our programs and practices are motivated by our educational philosophy.