Home Country Celebration Assembly, Friday October 20, 8:30am
As part of International Week, we will be holding a Home Country Celebration Assembly on Friday, 20th October. This assembly will include performances from our own students, staff and parents to help us celebrate the diversity of our school.
The Parade of Nations Committee
• to understand • to respect • to care
International Mindedness at ISU fosters an understanding and respect for the diversity of human experience and the significance of our natural world. It develops a global citizenship manifested by caring for others and the environment.
- It stimulates empathy by encouraging interaction and engagement with people of varying traditions, practices and histories.
- It inspires intellectual growth by learning and teaching the accomplishments, messages and values of distinct populations.
- It promotes communication skills to identify, explain and achieve the goals of communities and cultures.
- It develops open-mindedness without abandoning universal principles of justice and equality.
- It strengthens pride in one’s own culture while bolstering understanding, respect and esteem for others.