CHECK THE TIME
The Government of Mongolia cancelled the switch to Daylight Savings Time. Due to this decision, time setting of smartphones, tablets, laptops and other smart devices may now be one hour out of synchronization. They might have changed according to current automatic time-zone configurations set for these devices. If so, they may have moved forward by one hour.
Please check the time settings on all of your smart devices on March 25th. You may need to re-set the time to "Standard" time.
Entry to ISU is based on the following:
- demonstration by the applicant of adequate English language proficiency as determined by standardised testing administered by ISU and as further determined by oral interviews with the Head of Primary or Secondary as appropriate and submission of a writing sample as required by the Head of Primary or Secondary; (applicable to applicants to Grade 3 and above.)
- demonstration by the applicant of past academic and school success as determined by report cards and transcripts and references from previous school(s);
- demonstration by the applicant of readiness for the demands of the International Baccalaureate programme as determined through an interview with the Head of Primary or Head of Secondary as appropriate.
Applicants to ISU are admitted by the decision of the Director upon the advice of the Head of Primary and Head of Secondary as applicable.
Students are admitted on the basis of
- availability of space - based on class size and national quota (see Availability of Space below)
- meeting the admissions criteria as stated in Admissions Policy and Processes
- immunisations current and valid
Children of US citizen employees of the Embassy of the United States are admitted to ISU if it is deemed by the Director that the school can meet the educational needs of the child(ren).
Children with special needs are admitted on a case-by-case basis and only if the Director determines that such needs can be met by ISU.
Students may commence their schooling at ISU once all fees have been paid according to the current fee payment schedule.
Admissions and wait list prioritisation
To gain admission to ISU or to earn a place on the waitlist if space is not immediately available, applicants will be ranked as follows:
- applicants who are currently attending ISU and are re-enroling for a subsequent year
- child of a US citizen who is an employee of the Embassy of the United States of America;
- applicant who has one or more siblings already enroled at ISU;
- applicants who once attended ISU and now wish to return to ISU;
- applicants who demonstrate their readiness for success with the IB curriculum as determined by English language and academic proficiency testing and other screening procedures;
- date of application.