CHECK THE TIME
The Government of Mongolia cancelled the switch to Daylight Savings Time. Due to this decision, time setting of smartphones, tablets, laptops and other smart devices may now be one hour out of synchronization. They might have changed according to current automatic time-zone configurations set for these devices. If so, they may have moved forward by one hour.
Please check the time settings on all of your smart devices on March 25th. You may need to re-set the time to "Standard" time.
Our Board of Trustees
WHO ARE THE BOARD OF TRUSTEES?
- are elected by the parents of ISU
- have a commitment to serving the ISU community and to governance issues
- are dedicated to providing the best educational environment for the students at ISU
- are keen to be involved and help guide the direction of ISU
- are willing to give up some time to work on behalf of all the parents of ISU students
- dedicate their time and efforts to do such work without compensation
WHAT IS INVOLVED IN BEING AN ISU BOARD MEMBER?
- Reading and understanding the Articles of Association for ISU.
- Being committed to work for the best interests of all students at ISU with the focus on improving student learning and not for your own individual interests.
- Being willing to be a ‘big picture’ person and leave the day-to-day running of the school to the Director.
- Spending 1.5 hours each month, on a Thursday afternoon to attend Board meetings (All meeting dates are published 12 months in advance so that Board members know what the commitments are for the coming year.)
- Contributing some more time on committee work as directed by the Board.
- Reading all the meeting correspondence before meetings and being prepared to participate actively in the meeting.
- Helping parents by listening and guiding all parental concerns and queries to the Board Chair or School Director.
THE ISU BOARD MEMBERS 2016-2017 school year
- Saha Meyanathan - Chair
- Mark Newby - Secretary
- Gerelmaa Nasanjargal
- John McDaniel
- David Reiner
- John Karlsen
- Alaubek Avdil
- Gary Biondo
- Isabelle Breard
- Andrew Jaeger
- Yuno Tsenguun
Non Voting members:
- Robert Stearns - Director
- Tuul Arildii - Deputy Director
Annual General Meeting (AGM) November 2012