Home Country Celebration Assembly, Friday October 20, 8:30am
As part of International Week, we will be holding a Home Country Celebration Assembly on Friday, 20th October. This assembly will include performances from our own students, staff and parents to help us celebrate the diversity of our school.
The Parade of Nations Committee
Our Board of Trustees
WHO ARE THE BOARD OF TRUSTEES?
- are elected by the parents of ISU
- have a commitment to serving the ISU community and to governance issues
- are dedicated to providing the best educational environment for the students at ISU
- are keen to be involved and help guide the direction of ISU
- are willing to give up some time to work on behalf of all the parents of ISU students
- dedicate their time and efforts to do such work without compensation
WHAT IS INVOLVED IN BEING AN ISU BOARD MEMBER?
- Reading and understanding the Articles of Association for ISU.
- Being committed to work for the best interests of all students at ISU with the focus on improving student learning and not for your own individual interests.
- Being willing to be a ‘big picture’ person and leave the day-to-day running of the school to the Director.
- Spending 1.5 hours each month, on a Thursday afternoon to attend Board meetings (All meeting dates are published 12 months in advance so that Board members know what the commitments are for the coming year.)
- Contributing some more time on committee work as directed by the Board.
- Reading all the meeting correspondence before meetings and being prepared to participate actively in the meeting.
- Helping parents by listening and guiding all parental concerns and queries to the Board Chair or School Director.
THE ISU BOARD MEMBERS 2017-2018 school year
- Gary Biondo - Chair
- Yuno Tsenguun - Vice Chair
- Mark Newby - Secretary
- Alaubek Avdil - Treasurer
- Gerelmaa Nasanjargal
- John McDaniel
- David Reiner
- Saha Meyanathan
- Isabelle Breard
- John Karlsen
Non Voting members:
- Bill Elman - Director
- Tuul Arildii - Deputy Director
Annual General Meeting (AGM) November 2012